Our Marsden / Crestmead centre at Macarthy Road Education & Childcare provides the best and latest early childhood education programs with an emphasis on play-based learning, in order to foster happy, healthy, active kids!
The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) Program: Aims to extend and enrich children’s learning from birth to five years and through the transition to school. The EYLF has a specific emphasis on play-based learning and recognizes the importance of numeracy and literacy, as well as social and emotional development. The EYLF describes childhood as a time of belonging, being and becoming:
- Belonging acknowledges children’s interdependence with others and the role of relationships in defining identities.
- Being is about living here and now. Childhood is a special time in life and children need time to play, try new things and have fun.
- Becoming is about the learning and development that young children experience. Children start to form their sense of identity from an early age, which shapes the type of adult they will become
Approved Kindergarten Program: Aims to foster a love of learning so that children become ‘active learners’ and are well prepared for school. An ‘active learner’ is a child who is:
- Competent, capable and creative
- Secure, connected and respectful
- Happy, playful and curious
- Confident, motivated and involved
- A questioner, problem-poser and problem-solver
- Empowered to express ideas and make choices about their learning.
My Time, Our Place: Aims to extend and enrich children’s wellbeing and development in school age children by:
- Allowing for the expression of personality and uniqueness
- Enhancing dispositions such as curiosity and creativity
- Enabling children to make connections between prior experiences and new learning
- Assisting children to develop relationships and concepts
Ella Program: A fun, digital, play-based language program which aims to cultivate childrens’ interest in different languages early in life and further their confidence and involvement in their learning abilities. Ella enables more confident and invovled learners by:
- Introducing children to words, sentences and songs in a language other than English
- Providing opportunities to recognise sounds and concepts of the language
- Providing language experience and practice appropriate for their age
- Providing opportunities to practice ICT skills through using tablet devices
- Encouraging an understanding and appreciation for cultural diversity